The hyphocity photo sets document my miscellaneous existence.
Things quite understandably slowed down after summer's end, but I still managed to keep busy. Fall 2009 saw me attend, witness or otherwise take part in:
- Leaving my longtime gig at CBR
- The wedding of my friend Jeremy Love to his beautiful bride Shaunda
- One of my favorite bands, Pet Shop Boys, performing a genuinely innovative show at the Greek Theatre in Los Feliz
- Dinner and a burlesque/acrobatics show at the amazing Edison club in Downtown L.A.
- My friend Carré Calloway (A.K.A. Queen Kwong) playing an ear-shattering set at Spaceland in Silver Lake
- Packing up my grandmother's belongings and moving her from the rest home to the nursing home
- Growing and then abandoning a full beard
- An astonishingly good pop spectacle in the form of Kylie Minogue at the Hollywood Bowl, as part of her first and likely only U.S. tour
- Meeting more new and cool people at the latest of Lou O'Bedlam's traditional birthday barbecues in Pan Pacific Park
- Surviving a depraved, booze-fueled night on the town with my old friend from Boston, Ryan Walsh (of Hallelujah the Hills fame), including stops at the loathsome Saddle Ranch and the infamous Jumbo's Clown Room
- The brilliant Hello Kitty Bats & Cats Masquerade at the Royal/T gallery and café in Culver City
- My friend Jermaine Turner's birthday at Birds in Hollywood, where he and his mother danced together on a bartop to the music of Michael Jackson
- Reuniting with Becca Tirré, formerly of Underage Squad (long story)
- Co-host with Stepho our first Thanksgiving dinner in my apartment, which I've lived in since 2003